Lately I’ve become a bit obsessed with curry, cumin, garam masala, etc. Below is my Mediterranean inspired pizza on naan bread and seasoned with curry and cumin. It is a white pizza and that means it’s not too terrible for you!! Especially because I made the “sauce” with plain Greek yogurt and fresh herbs.
Naan Pizza Crust
1 Melrose Pepper (any mild pepper would do) Halved and Sliced Thinly
1 Fennel Bulb Sliced Thin
1/4 Cup Red Seedless Grapes Halved
1 Cup Ground Turkey
1 Cup Freshly Shredded Mozzarella or Monterey Jack Cheese
2 tsp. Curry Powder
1 tsp. Cumin Powder
1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper
For The Sauce:
1 Container Plain Greek Yogurt
1/4 Cup Fresh Parsley
1 tsp. Curry Powder
Squeeze of Lemon Juice
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven and cookie sheet (or if you’re fancy enough to have a pizza stone), to 450°.
- Mix together all ingredients for sauce and taste for seasoning.
- In a nonstick skillet, add olive oil, fennel and some salt and pepper. Cook on medium heat for 4 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Add pepper to remaining oil and season again with salt and pepper. Cook for another 4 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Brown Turkey in remaining oil. Add salt, pepper, curry and cumin powder halfway through the browning process. Cook until desired colored is achieved. (I like mine with some tooth so I cook for about 10-12 minutes until I have a lot of brown delicious bits). Remove from pan.
- Assemble! Add sauce to the naan bread, spread evenly. Top with fennel, peppers, grapes, ground turkey and cheese.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the cheese is cooked to your liking.
- Let rest 5-10 minutes before cutting into the pizza.