I love squid. If done right it is super tender and it has a subtle sweet flavor. I tried grilling it and below is the recipe!
1/4 lb. Squid (Cut and cleaned)
1/2 Fresh Lemon Juice
1 Tsp. Fresh Oregano, Basil and Parsley
1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
Pinch of Red Pepper Flakes
Salt and Pepper
1. Clean the squid under running cold water. Make sure to check for any beaks leftover from the grocery store.
2. Marinade the squid in all above ingredients, reserving roughly a teaspoon of the lemon zest and herbs to finish the squid with after the grill.
3. Let squid rest for 20-30 minutes.
4. Grill squid over medium high heat. Grill the bodies first, then the tentacles.
5. Grill the bodies for about 3-4 minutes on each side until no longer opaque. The tentacles need about 4 minutes total. I held mine with tongs until they tightened up, as not to fall through the grates.
6. Remove from grill and finish with the saved lemon zest and herbs.