Well I had one onion and couldn’t decide what to do with it. So, naturally french onion soup came to mind! This was so so quick and easy and it made a heaping bowl all for me!
1 Large Red Onion
2 Cups Beef Broth
1 Tbsp Sherry
1 Tbsp Butter
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Slice Crusty Bread
Salt and Pepper to taste
1-2 Slices of White Cheese – Swiss, American, Gruyere, Cheddar
- Melt butter and olive oil in a medium saucepan on low to medium low.
- Slice onion in half and then into 1/2 inch slices.
- Add onions to butter and olive oil and cook until onions are translucent-about 20 minutes. Stir frequently.
- Add in beef broth, sherry and salt and pepper.
- Let simmer for about a half hour.
- Slice bread and cheese and place over soup in heat proof bowl.
- Broil until the cheese is brown and bubbly.